Newspapers - THE folks who run this site are their own worst enemy--JUST Awful

1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I had decided to renew my 6 month subscription with them in Dec 2018..(as my subscription was to run out 4 Jan 2019)..SO ON 21 Dec 2018, after I received an email message from them, letting me know, my time was close..I made arrangements for the renewal for another 6 months..Ending in July 2019. So..I get their email confirming this order..as well as my order number..from this transaction..and I was good to go till July 2019. I double checked my online banking..and the order was processing..

THEN..4 Jan 2019..Im cut off, as I hadn't renewed..NEWS to me..SO I backtracked to banking online account..and found..no transaction ever happened..least its not listed on my bank account or statement.

FIVE days Ive tried contacting these fools..via phone, via voice mail, via messaging..on their site..via messaging on facebook their site..Every way possible umpteen times..to no avail.

I wanted to know..IF..that order number they gave me in email confirmation 21 Dec 2018..has screwed up anything or what the heck theyve done..THEM fools..chasing their tails..blowing off paying customers..OBVIOUSLY..they dont need the money..and their bedside manner stinks..ONLY working 6 hours or less 5 days a week..for pete sakes..SHouldnt be in business at all with all the complaints..and then their lack of interest in what generates money for their pockets..

I liked: Obtained some info.

I didn't like: Bad customer service, Do not seem to know what each other are doing, Cancel already confirmed or authorized renewals for no reason, Not able to get ahold of them and they do not get back to you, Only work 4-6 hours a day 4-5 days a week.

Newspapers - Good customer service and found obscure article

3.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

On holidays we signed up for the free trial to get an obscure article about our family, successfully, as it was the only online source. Unfortunately we didn't have good internet and we failed to cancel the free trial (WARNING: only 7 days free) as we only wanted that one article.

We were charged $75 for 6 months auto renewing subscription. However, after a simple polite email to them from their contact page they got back to us straight away with a cancellation confirmation AND A FULL REFUND. I would call this good customer service and good behavior for a company.

Only reccommendation to them would be to have a longer free trial period, and or a shorter subscription cycle. Thanks to newspapers.com for the prompt and polite solution to our problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Newspapers Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

• Refund Successful

Newspapers.com claimed I had not billable account to cancel and then they billed me for $74.90

Privacy and Data Security

I signed up for a FREE 7-day trial with newspapers.com. About the 4th day of the FREE trial, I started trying to cancel but when I went in to my account to click on the "cancel" tab, there was no such tab.

This was extremely annoying as part of their spiel is that the trial can be easily canceled. I emailed them with my problem and they responded that they could not find an account for me and that since I had not entered any bank info. (required for the FREE trial), there was no possibility of my being billed. As I knew I HAD entered my bank info., I emailed them and got form emails back saying they could find no account for me.

I sent them every bit of identifying info. I could think of and got the same responses--either I don't have an account or they can't find my account. I emailed them multiple times because I was afraid if I didn't get it canceled in time, they would bill me and that's exactly what happened. They billed the account I do not have with the bank info.

I did not give them (according to them) for the amount of $74.90. Subsequent emails have been ignored. I contacted my bank, Chase, and they tried to initiate a conference call with this "company" and got only voice mail. I'm starting to think this is some scam run by a guy out of his basement or something.

Now I have to wait 12 more days before my bank will pursue it further.

Chase, too, finds it very strange that they can't find my account to cancel but had no problem finding it to bill me. Please be forewarned--do not sign up for any FREE trial with newspapers.com because it is a scam.

Reason of review: ripped off.

I didn't like: Ripped off and unbelievably lousy customer service.